“But I’m not getting fed!”

One of my pet peeves is when people leave a church or a community, and the reason they give is, “I’m not getting fed.” I think people misunderstand why they attend church. Church is the place where we gather together in community and see what’s up, what needs to be done, or what’s left undone. We’re also there to be inspired and moved. The previous mentioned items is about 5% of what church is about. The other 95% is about what you can do in the lives of other people. If you are going to church with the attitude of “taking”, go ahead and stop right now. Seriously, you might as well stay home and watch TV.

Okay, now that I’ve lost a good portion of readers, I’ll give you loyal readers a pro tip; The more you serve, they more you’ll get. I know, it sounds crazy, but it’s true. Try it and see! Show up to church with the attitude of “Who can I serve today?, and I guarantee that you will end up receiving more that you give. Serving others is funny like that.

I wonder if that’s why they sometimes call church gatherings a service?